Oil lamp position in front

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Oil lamp position in front
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold lee cartwright on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

have a 21 depot hack with wood firewall so I don't know if the windshield is in proper relationship to the hood top want to mount oil lamps on the front and need to know what is the proper location or some what close thanks a lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 05:40 pm:

Hack bodies weren't made by Ford, they were aftermarket. The body makers could put the lamps wherever they wanted to. Look at pictures of hacks with bodies similar to yours, and put them where they look right to you.

http://www.mtfca.com/gallery/models/hack.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 07:34 pm:

If you have a home built body you get to be the final judge on all the design elements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 10:14 pm:

Great picture of an early mobile home Royce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 11:45 pm:

I have lots of information about this question but I leave the conclusion to you.

I have a 1919 hack with a Mifflinburg body.
There are holes in the firewall/body for the side lights and they can be placed in two positions - up and down.

Here are pictures of it when it was moved from a barn to a shed in the mid 40's. You can see that the lights are down.

This what it looked like in the 50's when I drove it to a football game - they are up.

After we move it to my home a few years ago I left them up.

After seeing the pictures I tried to move them to the down position and couldn't get the hood open so they are still up.

Just make sure you can open the hood! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration