Early 26 modified block help needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Early 26 modified block help needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

I'm selling my 26-27 T parts That I've collected over the years and this block is part of that but I need some help or clarification about the enlarged intake valve chambers. This belonged to a local early dirt track racer here in central Texas. He modified it as you can see by the pics. The serial no. is 12843083 which makes it a late 25 or early 26 however you want to call it I guess. No cracks or rewelded places. ( the original owner was a machinest and auto mechanic)
I believe its been bored around .060 over as I can tell. It could be sleeved if its a good block as I think it is.
I plan to put it on the classifieds and will have it magnafluxed for cracks to a serious buyer but the modified intake valve chambers make me want more answers before I do. The crankshaft is the earlier crank. No EE markings Thanks for any help blockblockblockblock

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

John
Those ports would probably work out well for my "2 up 2 dn" crank set up
Maybe just my eyes, but are the valve seats oversize?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

Don't think so but I will look at some of my other blocks tomorrow to compare as I could be wrong.
I did check and chase all the bolt holes and they were good. Nothing stripped or twisted off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 12:11 am:

Les,
Can you post a picture of your 2 up 2 down crankshaft?
Just curious...Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 02:26 am:

I ran an original modified (late '27) block in one of my speedsters some years ago. The intake ports were enlarged much more than that, and the original valves used were '20s Dodge four cylinder valves that were so large, they nearly cut into the cylinders (I had to find a modern replacement, don't remember what they were). I loved that car. With a standard T crankshaft and '20s Carter updraft carburetor, it would pass Ts with over-head valves going uphill. I once "spun a donut" in the car just to see if it could do it. It did.
One of the many antique cars that I wish I had managed to keep.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

Reproduction aluminum intake manifold to match your ports. It is available if you need it.

a

aa

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration