2015 Long Beach Swap Meet Pics

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 2015 Long Beach Swap Meet Pics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

After a late start with Martin Vowell/Wife Jodi. Big wreck on the 405. We got down there about 12:30. Some of the vendors were packing up. It was all good Didn't need anything. I'll have a separate thread with club notables.

Gene Carrother"s Torpedo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 12:09 am:

The lowered Willys brings up the question I've always wondered about. Why have a 2WD Jeep?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 12:14 am:

Dunno Steve, Many Jeep Cherokees were sold as 2WD. Guess the Yuppies wanted something rugged looking with out getting dirty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 12:26 am:

I don't think that Willy's started out 2WD though...did you look under the hood...I know there is a motor in there someplace, but you'd be hard pressed to find it with all the chrome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 02:10 am:

Four wheel drive vehicles for the most part are almost never driven in four wheel drive.
The Willys was a strong economical car. Many were bought for the fuel economy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 09:59 am:

Was the Kit Kamper teardrop trailer for sale?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 05:51 pm:

Mike, no idea

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

I hope the guy driving that TT knows where that bicycle is! :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 06:45 pm:

That's his wheel chock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

Mike, that kit teardrop was there last year and not for sale. The guy did a nice job on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

I did make this meet. A big thank you to all that made it happen. I missed the one about a month ago as I didnt see and info about it. So can someone post when and where the next one will be. My buddy and I try to make them all. We need to empty our wallets some where. Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

What's sitting under the middle of the truck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

Bottled water. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Looks like a case of water (clear plastic "case")
We're in a drought here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 10:43 am:

"Real" Model T guys like a little used motor oil with their water! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

Boy, I hope someone has a few more pictures to post. These are from late in the day after most everyone had packed up and left. It was really packed with vendors and shoppers for several hours. A really good meet, I think. A long line of vendors were waiting at 4:30AM, and by 7:00 over 160 vendors were set up and going strong with what must have been 1500 to 2000 shoppers. I was kept busy at the front gate and didn't get any shopping time in myself and no pictures either. Someone please post some more pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 01:45 am:

Sorry Jeff, we got there late.
George in L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 12:25 am:

That's OK George, I heard about your adventure in getting there. I just hope that someone else got some pictures of when it was really rockin'. It looked like a day at Disneyland! People everywhere! I had intended to take some, but was kept pretty busy all day working the meet. I didn't even get ant shopping / swapping time in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

Well,this thread is about swap meet photos...how about some?
Perhaps some interesting parts. Not interested in seeing more model Ts at a swap meet...especially a puke green Willys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 06:52 pm:

Crunched some numbers here. Last year I averaged 14 MPG. Trip to Huntington Beach for RDR's memorial was also 14mpg. This time with two extra people in the car and late morning stop and go Sat.morn. traffic I got 12.3 mpg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason Whittier, CA on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

It seems some of us were obsessively looking for that piece of NOS unobtanium and forgot to take any pictures. I'll make a point to take some next year.

Best regards.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration