Best strobospark setting

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Best strobospark setting
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

Testing coils for standard T mag running is one thing. But I wonder what would be the best setting on the strobo-spark, mag output wise, to optimise coils for running on a T with no mag, running on 12 volt battery?

Thoughts? ideas?

I would assume the lowest setting as that is most equivalent?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 12:00 am:

There shouldn't be any multiple sparking on either setting.
If there's no multiple sparking and the current is set correctly, the coils are ready for battery operation.
In the real world, multiple sparking isn't so much of a problem with battery operation, but it should be eliminated if the tester is available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 12:08 am:

I didn't see this posting right away but I agree with JohnH on all points. Coils are current operated devices and you will want all the coils to be setup the same and without any multiple sparking. The 3 settings on the Strobo-Spark for mag power are designed to aggravate the conditions of the magneto power to make sure that the coils operate on strong and weaker magneto power. This prevents a coil setting that does not operate properly across a broader spectrum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 06:10 pm:

Excellent, thanks gents.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration