Trailer door height

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Trailer door height
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 04:37 pm:

can anyone tell me the door height required to drive a 1916 touring into an enclosed trailer without having to put top down? car has no top at this time for measuring thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 05:43 pm:

Help awaits you here:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/270783.html?1330748533

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 06:07 pm:

Kenneth,

Are you looking into buying a trailer ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 06:23 pm:

Kenneth,

My '16 fits in the 70.5" opening on my trailer.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

My brothers car and he is looking for a trailer but needs to know how high he will need

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 06:47 pm:

Ken, you better do some checking. I had to ad 18" to my trailer to get my 1911 in. Suggest you find someone with a 1916 and measure it. It would definitely not go in Bob's trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 06:52 pm:

Kenneth,

No top on your brothers' car ?

Unless he needs it right now - it is better to get a top first & then measure it ....

Every car can be different.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Excellent suggestion!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

Hi Harry,

My 1916 Touring goes into my trailer with the top up easily.
When I restored my car I installed new top bows, sockets and a new top.
I followed the dimensions in the Clymer(?) sketch.

Be_Zero_Be

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration