Key blanks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Key blanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 05:43 pm:

I have only one key for my '27. I would like to have a couple of duplicates. How or where do I get them made?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 05:51 pm:

Maybe here: (?)

https://www.modeltford.com/pl.aspx?t=s&v=ignition%20keys&page=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 05:55 pm:

John - I see you're from Medway, Mass., so no doubt you're familiar with Langs Model T Parts in Baldwinville, MA. You can order a key from them.

You'll need your key number & you can find it on the side of your key and also just next to the key slot on your switch. It's a two digit number from 51 to 74 if I'm not mistaken.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:25 am:

Keys are on ebay every day. Why not buy an original?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:16 am:

There are only 23 different keys for the ignition switch and how may million cars! Parts catalogs and on line shopping are free, they want you to buy their stuff. As Larry said, there are a lot of them on ebay, know your number, don't buy the first one, shop. I got a new one from one of the venders, it does not fit as well as a used one. A good used one should work just fine.
Now if you are talking door key, that is a different ball of wax.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration