Radio in the home, a salesman's Model T-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Radio in the home, a salesman's Model T-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

Herb, Very nice photo, thanks for posting it ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

Good photo Herb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 07:45 am:

Neat picture. It looks like he may have removed the seat from the car and is sitting in it and not on the ground.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Looks like early "Buck Rogers" stuff with those headsets doesn't it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 02:22 am:

The radio is Ozarka, Inc.'s. first battery portable set circa 1924. Manufactured in Chicago by J. Matheson Bell. It came complete with enclosed batteries, headphone set and aerial wound inside the lid for the stated $65 price. I have the radio; wish I had the coupe. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 02:52 am:

Interesting about that radio. My dad had over 200 antique radios when he died 11 years ago. Nearly a third of them were before 1932, but I am sure he did not have that one in his collection. Between my mother, my sister, and myself (my brother has also since passed) we kept about a dozen of his collection. All earlier ones. And I have a '24 coupe very similar to that one.
Quite a combination in that photo. Fairly early car, photography sign on its door, and an early radio. And quite a lovely looking couple.
Thanks all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 06:52 am:

Hey, don't forget about those high impedance headphones too, (Brandies perhaps). I don't see an arial (antenna) wire in the photo or loop antenna so perhaps they are just getting set up. Don't think the compact loopstick type antenna with ferrite core was available back then.

I have a nice Aycrodyne 5 tube (201A) battery set that will go nicely with my 1927 Touring, have to plan a back to the future trip with it sometime for some multi hobby fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:02 am:

A three tube set is kind of overkill to just use headphones on.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:07 am:

Great photo Herb!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration