Need Info on TT dump bed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Need Info on TT dump bed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vanish on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 10:06 pm:

I am trying to build my own dump bed for my Model TT truck. If anyone has a model tt dumptruck and would be willing to give me dimesions, ect. or has a line on the workings that I will need. I would greatly appreciate any assistance the members of this club can offer me. I am new to this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 08:21 am:

Maybe you may specify if it should be operated mechanically with a hand crank or by gravity, I think both methods were used?

Haven't you got a gravity dump TT, Mack Cole?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vanish on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

I would like to dump it mechanically with a hand crank, but am having trouble finding the parts. So, I will settle for one by gravity though because it might be easier to build.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Epper on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 11:13 am:

Here's some pictures of one I have for yard art in the backyard.

(Message edited by adminchris on July 28, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

Here's a Non-Ford wood dump-bed that might give you some ideas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter C. Strebeck on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

This one has been on the local Craigslist for a while now. No connection to it other than just passing it along.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/pts/5134917566.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

Yea, I have a gravity dump. It was hard work to restore,would be alot to fiqure out the balance points and such.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

One available on craigslist. CALIFORNIA
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5121483972.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Krug on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 08:41 pm:

I have a crank type bed and a gravity bed. The crank up would probably be easier to make.
If you are interested I can take photos of the lift mechanism.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vanish on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

I appreciate all of your help. I am still looking and have e-mails of people that say they have dumpbeds, but I would still love the challenge of building one. From what I have been researching there were 3 different styles of dumpbeds.

John Krug - my truck looks exactly like yours, but with no bed. I would really appreciate pictures on the crank. Also, do you know the dimensions of your bed as I may fabricate that too.

I am located in Northwestern PA and have trouble finding parts near me. Around me people don't like to part with their stuff even if it is only sitting in the yard rotting away. Which to me is a real shame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Krug on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 09:44 pm:

Mike the box measures 6'wide x 8' long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Krug on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Krug on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vanish on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

Thanks, John these will really help. Now all I need to find is some gears.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration