Lubrication of Front Wheel Speedometer Hardware

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Lubrication of Front Wheel Speedometer Hardware
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 10:34 am:

I have assembled all the hardware for the front wheel for my speedometer project for my 1924 Coupe. I have the SW ground wheel gear (11077), two pinion fiber gears (2301), a SW swivel drive joint (1913), the drive mounting arm (11285) and a spindle extension stud. Everything is used and I have cleaned all the pieces and need to assemble the swivel joint for the last time(I hope). What is the recommended grease to put in the swivel? I am thinking my axle grease which is Mobil 1 synthetic.

Also, the one fiber pinion gear is used and appears to be oil soaked. Is there anything I can or should do to preserve it as a spare?

DougSpeedometer Wheel Hardware

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 11:43 am:

I use the red Mobil synthetic on mine. I also drag the chain links through it before inserting them in the housing.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration