Very unusual accessory on e-bay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Very unusual accessory on e-bay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

I thought some may like to see this item. I have lots of accessories, but have never seen this one. I have been working with my therapist on buying too many accessories, so Im trying real hard to pass this one by... :-) Who knows, Jay may not even have it ... :-) :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141725067777?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:06 pm:

Here is a picture of the item, there are lots more pics in the e-bay link

accy T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:16 pm:

This is pretty cool. Might just have to take a stab at it. This runs right up the alley of my theory as to why my cars seem to run superbly when it's super muggy out... i.e. dew point over 60 degrees, hard on the body, but boy the cars just purr like kittens. It's the extra hydrogen in the air from what I can figure!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

Looks like a water injector. It might work good, but will it rust the inside of the engine? These have been tried on cars even into the 70's. Some put in alcohol either with or without the water. Supposed to get better mileage and run cleaner. Smog control with smog tests have done them in. I have tried them in the past and don't notice any difference in performance.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

On the fly carbon cleaner! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 07:42 am:

Humidity increases limit the amount of fuel and oxygen that can be carried into the engine. Because of this power is decreased. One of the laws of physics that cannot be ignored.

Any sort of water injection decreases horsepower. Gimmicks like that look great on the garage wall, but they are nonetheless frauds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 07:53 am:

I've been fighting water in my gas. I'll pass. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 08:10 am:

Fill it with bug repellent and fog the neighborhood as you drive :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 08:39 am:

Just maybe it was not for gas?? Many old engines used water while burning Kerosene,so was it for gas or kero?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 09:07 am:

Bud the instructions say it is filled with water.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 09:50 am:

I had not read the paper but did it say what fuel is used with water?? Many old engines/tractors had 3 tanks,gas for starting,kerosene to run on,and water to use when running on kerosene.I see in the seller's other stuff he has a Shure Mike crankshaft for sale but info is scarce?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 07:57 pm:

Our government must have seen this and is trying to do one better with the "corn gas" we have to use. I find water in the carb in every small engine I have trouble with. I have started to use non ethanol in all of them. No problem. I use non ethanol when I know I won't be using the T for a while but as long as I use the ethanol gas up I don't seem to have a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

Water injection has been used in high power aviation and racing engines to raise the power, sometimes mixed with alcohol. It cools the charge and reduces detonation allowing higher compression. Of course, none of this applies to Model T's or probably any other road vehicle!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_injection_(engine)

Humid air is less dense so reduces power. In aviation, you learn that "heat, height, and humidity" all reduce the density of the air and reduce performance of wings, propellers, and engines.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration