Food for thought...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Food for thought...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

No political rants, please. I just thought this was funny. :-)

too bad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:12 pm:

Good one Mike!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 01:04 am:

No political commentary at all. But I have believed that for a long time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 06:24 am:

Yeah, that's correct, But who would want to run the country when you have the opportunity to work on an old car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 07:36 am:

AND....its exactly the same here, down under, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 09:33 am:

Well not exactly the same, it would look more like this...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:18 am:

Weird thinking. If old car people did run the country it could make for an interesting "restoration" project. What would be your favorite year to restore the country to? Remember there would be consequences as well as benefits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

Just before Federal income taxes and the Federal Reserve(which is neither Federal, nor a Reserve)

Everything that is wrong with our government now can be traced back to Woodrow Wilson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

I wonder if 100 years from now people will say that everything wrong with our government can be traced back to now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 06:33 pm:

I actually am not a "doomsdayer", although many people I talk to might disagree with that statement.
If "they" are not careful, or at least very lucky, there is a very real "possibility" that a hundred years from now, there may not be many people in the world with sufficient education to be capable of tracing back the blame. Our broken education system coupled with corrupt politics and unsustainable economic priorities are very well poised for the "possibility" of a new dark ages that would rival 800 to 1200 AD (roughly speaking). It would take only two generations after a global economic collapse for 90 percent of the knowledge and scientific development of the past 200 years to be almost totally lost. It would take hundreds of years to recreate what we have "available to us" today.
Consider all the development that took place from 1700 AD to 1850 AD. THEN it would take another Thomas Edison (as wrong as he was about so many things), And another Tesla. We would need another Henry Ford, who would need the help of another James Couzens, and Wills, and the hundreds of other right people in the right place at the right time.
It might never happen again. And a few hundred years from now? Maybe nobody will even know.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

In trying to keep within the thread. Just some observation. Not a rant.
Most of my rants are kept away from this forum.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration