New Model T Driver

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New Model T Driver
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

We returned Saturday from participating in the HCCA North Carolina Regionís 64th Annual Tour. It was a lot of fun and our family thoroughly enjoyed it! When we initially planned to go, our youngest daughter, Brittany, expressed a strong interest in learning to drive our 1913 T and participating as a driver on the tour. I started back in May teaching her how to drive the T. The more she drove it, the more excited she got about the tour. Once the tour started last Monday she drove all week (approximately 300 miles) except for one afternoon when she "let" me drive. During the week, she got really comfortable driving, had a fantastic time and was super excited to be able to drive our T on the tour! (She has been looking at classified ads for Model Ts a lot in the last few days)!

The NC Region is a real friendly group of people with many young folks involved. In fact, there were six young ladies driving Model Ts last week! Below is a picture from the tour of Brittany with our T. Needless to say, we are all very proud of her!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

Awesome! Hand it on down... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Good on ya' Brittany!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

Great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 10:25 pm:

Take her on the International Tour if she is young enough and she will receive the Jimmy Walker Award.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

Yaaay, Brittany!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 11:45 pm:

Did you have to ask her to smile?? :-)
Wonderful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 02:00 am:

Fantastic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 06:47 am:

I can see it now... Senior Prom she drives her date to the event in the Model "T" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 07:24 am:

Nothing better than a cute chick driving a model T in my book! We need more of 'em! Congratulations Brittany (and dad) on your accomplishment. Now, dad, looks like Brit better be getting a car of her own soon, or you're always gonna be in the passenger seat!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 08:44 am:

I know the HCCA has run ladies' driving schools at some tours. A year ago there was one at Brass in Berks County, and this year there was one at the New England Brass and Gas. Do the Model T clubs do likewise?

Congratulations to Brittany, and to Dave, too!

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer---- Klaaswaal NL on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:13 am:

It looks to me that SHE can have a DRIVERS LICENCE now!!!!!!
Toon
2170R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:54 am:

I like it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 11:18 am:

Fantastic!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 11:27 am:

That's the best way to continue to hobby. Start young. Congratulations Brittany. :-)
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 06:39 am:

Congrats! It's too bad the insurance laws in Canada (antique insurance) don't allow for drivers with less than 10 years experience to drive an antique car insured through the "big" antique insurance companies. It is killing the hobby for young people. You can get insurance through a regular insurance company but it is expensive.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration