OT-Final preparations for the Early Ford Tour and New London to New Brighton

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT-Final preparations for the Early Ford Tour and New London to New Brighton
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

Still waiting on front wheels, they may be shipped to MN. Today we fashioned a grease shield to help control transmission grease being thrown in all directions from the open transmission:

Both seats are about ready so we can run as a two, three or four passenger car:

Next, tighten rear wheels spokes, lights, and more.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 01:56 am:

I am watching and waiting to hear?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Partington on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 06:46 am:

Rob,remember we Aussies are coming to the OCF just to see your K roadster, we are counting on you.
Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 08:54 am:

That's good new's!! Rob and his K give EXCITING RIDES!!!!!!!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 09:35 pm:

Doug,
Looking forward to it.......

Bud,
If you liked the ride in the touring, you'll love the ride in the roadster.

A little more progress. The wheels are finished and should arrive Thursday. We leave for MN on Friday:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:11 pm:

Wow...What a Dream Car. I would love to drive it, even just to the end of the driveway!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:25 pm:

Looking real nice Rob. Better than when I saw it last. You, Dean, and Ben have done a super job. Did Holly do the brass polishing? haha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 07:15 am:

When you change the back seats around do they just strap in with the leather straps that are on the back of the car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

Rob, This will be a fine ride. Looking forward to seeing it at the OCF in Dearborn.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 02:40 pm:

Mark,
I hope to be driving our K for years. Maybe someday in a place near you (for your test drive).

Dave,
Thanks. So far I'm the lone polisher.....

Denny,
The straps are to hold the trunk lid down on the rumble seat. With the tourabout seat, we use a pedestal with the seat screwed to it. You just remove four wing nuts under the deck to change seats, or go without (the straps are stowed in the pedestal). It takes a couple of minutes to change seats, and no wrenches:

Tourabout pedestal, before the seat was attached with screws

Keith,
See you at OCF.

Wheels should arrive tomorrow....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Done for tonight. It's starting to look like a brass car:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 08:44 am:

A quick question for Rob.Is your K/6 40 ball bearings or roller?? Hope your wheels come today!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 10:20 am:

Rob, Is that a horn under the side light on the right side? Looking forward to seeing the car in person at the OCF. Thanks for sharing all the info and pictures! Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Great looking car. By the time you get everything back together your going to be too tired to drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

Bud,
Ball bearings. Below is a closeup of the front outer bearings.

Jerry,
Yes, it's a "question mark" horn. Advertising said this style would keep rain out of the horn.

Denny,
I'm never too tired to drive them..... :-)

The wheels were delivered about noon. Primer and finish coats are rattle can, so not the best, but time is of the essence. We plan on leaving by noon tomorrow. The wheels look great!

Front outer ball bearings:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

Stutzman to the rescue once again. That fellow has one great reputation for antique car wheels. I'm glad he was able to get them back to you in time. They look good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

Rob,
Glad to see that you're going to make it. I'm back on schedule too. The little Maxwell is finally all back together and test miles have commenced. I hope to put a couple hundred miles on it over the weekend.

Too bad Ford couldn't see the merits of an enclosed transmission until he Model T. Maxwell started right out with enclosed transmissions when they started building cars in '04. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

fantastic!
Now I have to go out and work on my car a little bit (even though it is still 99 F out there).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

Rob, are you missing any ball bearings?

As long as you primed the wheels first you should be OK. Then you can always add more paint. Too bad you couldn't go natural, but it would just not look right.

Still waiting to find out if I can head up to Minisota. Two tours going on this weekend, so the Milwaukee Model T club will be busy.

Hope to see you soon.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration