Ignition Switch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ignition Switch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

Whilst cleaning up, I rediscovered an ignition and lighting switch. It is one of those pieces that is picked up an moved but never carefully examined. As my T is a 1922, the switch is "pressed" tin. This switch is much better made and with a cast lever. I checked in McCalley to discover it was in limited use in 1919. The panel was trimmed to eliminate the ampere meter. Made by Briggs and Stratton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 01:03 pm:

Odd, looks like the back plate is fastened with two screws?
The more common later versions fasten the back plate either with pins that looks into the sheet metal when turning or tabs that must be handled with care so they won't break..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

The early switch was unique - I'm guessing that is a 1919 version

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

I had one like that, that had spring loaded ball bearings as contact points.It was very sturdy.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration