1926 coupe color

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1926 coupe color
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 01:11 pm:

Fixing to paint my 1926 coupe. What gets body color and what gets black? Inside dash and window moldings? Headlight buckets and bar? Hood shelf's? Seat base? And everything below body gets black. And were their any special order colors like royal maroon on the 1926 coupe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RVB on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 01:22 pm:

Well as far as color, I remember hearing Henry Ford famous words.. "You can have any colour as long as it's black" but noaday's it's what in your heart.. It's your car so what color would you like.. Don't please other men's. with what they like you to have, first please yourself with the color you'd like..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 01:25 pm:

The coupe body and hood was in color. Black goes on the chassis, fenders, splash shields, headlamps, bar, hood shelfs, ect on the outside.

Normally the dash and molding is body color, could be black.

Here are the colors for the body:
ENAMELS (1926)

Channel Green Use paints listed under Pyroxylin

Windsor Maroon Use paints listed under Pyroxylin

PYROXYLIN (Late 1926-1927)

Commercial Green Rock Moss Green 117 44496

Channel Green Green
Hillcrest Green 546 45176

Drake Green Vagabond Green 122 44350

Sherwin Williams formula

L4 E 317 5 grams
L4 G 311 15 grams
L4 Y 337V 30 grams
L4 Y 332 50 grams
L4 M 318 65 grams
L4 Y 303 120 grams
L4 B 320 235 grams
L4 B 325 535 grams

Highland Green Dark Green 42850 42850
Dark Green 4190A (Dupont #)

Phoenix Brown Rosewood Beige
Hollywood Tan 20064
20017 -----
-----

Gunmetal Blue Gunmetal Blue
Niagara Blue 436
438 -----
-----

Moleskin Moleskin Brown 544 -----

Royal Maroon Ford Maroon 1011 50742

Fawn Gray Granite Gray 30575 -----

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 09:27 am:

What gets body color and what gets black? Inside dash and window moldings? Headlight buckets and bar? Hood shelf's? Seat base? And everything below body gets black. And were their any special order colors like royal maroon on the 1926 coupe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

How about an early 1926 model coupe paint. Have what I think is an original engined T with a December 1925 DOM. Is there any way to determine body and interior colors from serial numbers? Would like to renew it back to its original color. Thanks,Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 05:32 pm:

See Bruce McCalley's Model T Encyclopedia for extensive information on paints and colors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

I don't know if there was a difference in model's colors that early, but my '26 Tudor also had an early December 1925 DOM and it was black from the factory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

Dan gave good info. You will likely never match the original color as there are no well preserved paint chips and original paint has changed dramatically with time. The gray might be an exception. Make your best decision and paint away, I am sure if you are wrong someone will tell you. They might be just as likely to tell you that you are wrong if you are right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

I am trying to match the dark green color shown in this ad. Does anyone know which of the 26/27 green colors this is?

Thanks for any help.

26/27 Dark Green Body Paint

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

Good picture of how it's done in Australia!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

I know the Ad says Channel green but I can't find a formulation that matches the dark color

closest I found was 34 gmc truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 05:10 pm:

Good one Tim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 06:11 pm:

Thanks to Tim and Jerry. Most helpful

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration