Accessory winshield 1915 era

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Accessory winshield 1915 era
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 01:52 pm:

Anyone familiar with the Le Compte Co. accessory windshield that both tilts and folds? Posts are castings that look 1915 style and continue up to the center pivot.

a

b

c

d

e

f

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

I searched Lecompte "New York" and found some references. Also, found out they were located in Newark, NJ. They made various automobile accessories under the Le-Co or LeCo name.

Below is the most specific item that I found - Buhr windshield brackets for Fords manufactured by Lecompte. Description matches what you have pictured.

I also reserached Buhr windshield but came up empty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 04:43 pm:

Here's a link to a similar one I have that I posted a while ago under Accessory of the day.

Yours looks a lot stouter.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/148814.html

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration