Tt rear end lube + Muncie lube

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tt rear end lube + Muncie lube
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 11:40 pm:

Suggestions on tt rear end lube to use
And from posts I read 85/140 good in a Muncie
But want hear from exsperts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 12:15 am:

Original Ford Specs translate to the newer 85/140 lube. The Muncie would be the same. The GL to use in the TT differential should take into consideration the brass components inside though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 04:03 am:

I'm not a fan of the of the modern gear lube/bronze parts debate myself. Most all of the older synchromesh transmissions and two speed truck rear ends used in the '50's-'60's (and many other gear sets) used bronze parts. They all used (mostly) plain old 90 weight gear lube. Never any problem with the lube causing problems with the bronze parts. I'm by no means an expert, just my observations over the last 50 years. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Leonhardt on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 08:03 am:

Bob,

I'm using Chevron Gear Compound EP ISO 680 in my '26 TT rear axle with 9000 miles since a total rebuild. The Chevron Gear Compound has a AGMA Grade of 8 EP, is ISO 680 Grade, an API gravity of 26.0, a viscosity index of 100, Timken OK load in lbs. @ 65, meets AGMA 9005 (ISO 680), rust & corrosion inhibited -- reduces corrosion on either steel or non-ferrous metals in gear sets.

The Chevron Gear Compound is also used in my Twin Hi Lo auxiliary transmission (under, direct, & overdrive) in my TT.

Jack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 12:49 am:

Thanks guys I want use same in Muncie and rear
I'm thinking any lube today must be better
I bought some 85/140
Steel and bronze make a great bearing combo
I load it up and give this a go
Couple tractor guys recommend it as well and they not had trouble with it and bronze parts
I could not find the chevron product

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration