Old Photo - We Don't Need No Stinking Top Bows !

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - We Don't Need No Stinking Top Bows !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 10:52 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 11:06 am:

Looks like a 27 chassis and radiator with an earlier body, maybe a 25 body. The bumper is aftermarket. Looks like maybe a Model A bumper. I think someone assembled this car from parts and couldn't find a correct set of bows.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 11:14 am:

Look at that front axle! If you look carefully, you can see the rubber plug in the back of the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 11:15 am:

Looks like a bit of wood on the back holding the top upright. Is the hole for the bow bracket in the rear of the body just not visible? The top appears to be a bit short. From another make car maybe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 11:36 am:

Perhaps he stopped at the Jamaica Loan company and they kept the top bows until he repays them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 06:06 pm:

Interesting white paint trim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

Gary, the white paint trim was used in Australia and England [and maybe other countries] during WW2 to make cars more visible at night when lighting was down. I have a pair of A model front mudguards, painted like that, in my swapmeet stuff.

I'm still learning about your US cars. To my untrained eye, the only thing 26-7 to me is the front axle beam with the curve between the perches. The rest looks 24-5 ish to me. The bumber bar is not T at all. How am I doing?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

I'm wondering what the white "thingies" all along the top edge of the side of the body are. Some kind of tie-down fittings for carrying something on top of the car? Or maybe for side curtains? And altho' I hesitate to say it, whatever that is on the cowl, that almost looks like some kind of "female form" sticker or something,.....??? Naw,......if that was what it was, it would more likely be on the dashboard of the car, right? Interesting car though,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 11:37 pm:

I think somebody " Got it One Piece at a Time" ....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration