New insurance question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New insurance question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 10:47 pm:

Do you use an agent or go direct to Hagerty?
The reason I ask is my current company is $262/yr for 3 Model T's. I had them price Hagerty and they came up with $406. When I got home I went online and got a Hagerty quote of $274. Is my agent really charging me $130 (50% of the premium) for the paperwork?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 10:55 pm:

Go direct. The company is way more knowledgeable about your needs than is the typical agent. I have an agent for my modern cars that is local but I go direct to Hagerty for my antique cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 07:40 am:

Yes, your agent has been pocketing your money for years.

Check with JC Taylor, you may find that you save even more money for a much more established company that has insured antique autos for a lot longer.

http://www.jctaylor.com/antique.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 08:05 am:

Unless I get a written quote from different "suppliers" and compare them, line by line, I have found it very difficult to distinguish which is best.

Oftentimes one company will include something that another company does not....it is important to compare "apples to apples"...both in covered perils as well as definitions: i.e. "insured persons", vehicle use, ad nauseaum. I have found it to be an unwelcome chore to find the "best" coverage. Price is but one component of "best".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 08:10 am:

The cheapest I have found is Condon Skelly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Probst on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 08:25 am:

It is possible that the difference is "Hagerty Plus Roadside Service", which is extra and optional. Possibly your higher quote contained this coverage and your other quote did not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 08:38 am:

Dave is absolutely right. Unless you compare itemized line costs side by side the numbers are meaningless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 08:56 am:

Some insurance companies are only good for shows and tours, and others will allow you to do <tune> trips. If you take your T to the hardware and have a crash they may not pay out leaving you holding the bag for both your car and the other guy. The very worst company I have found is State Farm. Do your best to stay way away from them. I have personal experience with them and they will screw you anyway they can, They are not a good neighbour. I have had Hagerty Plus for many years and although I have never had an incident I have been very happy with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 01:15 pm:

Other factors may influence premium:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/your-car-insurance-premiums-what-you-dont-know- can-cost-you-2015-07-30?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

I spent a lot of time running through insurance company's and Hagerty is the best. Price, service, towing with 2 different coverages. If you want the best and a company that knows vintage cars there's none better that I've found. (No I don't work for Hagerty)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration