Recommendations for shipping 3 cars from FL to WY appreciated

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Recommendations for shipping 3 cars from FL to WY appreciated
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 01:41 pm:

experiences you've had, and any advice you'd like to offer would be appreciated. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

I had very good result with Passport. You should get a great deal moving three cars at once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 11:10 pm:

Scott
I concur with David. In the last twenty years I have moved cross country many single cars with Passport (now FedEx?) with great experience. Ask Passport about their standby rates. Takes a bit longer but the price is very competitive. Have never done a volume deal with Passport, but the benefits are obvious.
Be flexible.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 11:28 pm:

I had great luck with
"Ship my car . Com"
They have handled evert hung from a running t to a non running T to a non running tt truck all reasonable fast and each driver took pride in there work
Another source is uship .Com they shipped cars for me plus hit miss engines 1 to 15hp
FedEx shipped my dad's 11 T to the t 100 in Indiana
Plus try to reach freighter Jim he posts here BUT we have never done business

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Auto Transport Logistics ...

Florida is tough to get a haul out of.

For national carriers - your vehicle is like a package in the mail.

It will go indirect along established routes with multiple transfers & storage outside in yards.

A truck headed from Florida to Wyoming will take I-95 or I-75 north then I-40 or I-70 or I-80 east.

Every time your vehicle is transferred - it is driven & subject to damage.

Most damage happens in transit.

National carriers do not want off drop off one car - let alone three - Wyoming ...

What are they going to pick up ?

The national carriers want to have trucks full during runs.

My advice:

Use only enclosed transport.

Go direct from pick up to drop off.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 08:08 am:

Thank you guys. I appreciate the feedback.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 08:33 am:

Three cars, I would have a shipping connex delivered and tie the cars down inside. Padlock the outside and send the key via USPS Priority mail. Then ship the connex.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

Jim is correct but most regular haulers car swap rides different drivers but with the ones I posted all been direct hauls so open some in closed door to door blanket service on my restored cars I was allowed to put a seal on he door if loaded at my place
I never delt in Florida and never had multiple units shipped
Best of luck

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration