Alternator change

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Alternator change
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

I've asked this question a couple of times in the past and no response. I bought a new alternator a few years back and cannot remember who I bought it from. It is a 6 volt and performs well. What is required to change to 12 volt ? It is a single wire Delco I am sure. I was told at the time that it is a simple fix, but I have long ago lost the receipt and notes. Any help appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 02:18 pm:

Grady,
Just buy and put on a good working model T generator with a 12V fun project regulator/cutout and change all the light bulbs on the car and the job is done.
You just need to set the third brush on about 4A.

Maybe your alternator can be reset to 12V by changing the regulator but there for you will need to give it to a repair shop that is willing to do this.

Hope this helps

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

Ask Darryl Becker

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration