Mostly OT - 2015 HCCA 1&2-Cylinder Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mostly OT - 2015 HCCA 1&2-Cylinder Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 01:38 pm:

Although 1&2-cylinder tours aren't supposed to have anything in common with Model Ts, we had some Ts pressed into service in lieu of modern cars when the 1&2s broke down. Also, Tim Kelly had his new Model A.

http://boards.hcca.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=880

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 02:07 pm:

Thank you for the link and the fantastic write up and photo page enjoyed reading and reviewing the journey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

Thanks for posting this. I hope to haul my little LC Maxwell out for this tour in the future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 12:12 am:

There is a nice 1911 T torpedo roadster in one of the pictures! All kidding aside, it is a wonderful tour report. Thank you GFtE! (Beautiful Stanley by the way!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 01:59 am:

yes, very interesting.
Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 02:26 am:

Great tour report Gil. thanks for posting the link.
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 07:11 am:

Glad you're enjoying these non-Ts.

Eric, we'd love to see your Maxwell out here, but it's a long haul from Minnesota. I know, since I've taken my Cadillac to the New London-New Brighton twice.

Wayne, the T torpedo belongs to Marcia and Andrew Palma from Irvington, NY. That was the first substitute T on the tour. I misspelled their name in my report because I took it from the tour roster, which had it wrong. That's a really nice T.

Gil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

Thanks again Gil!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 06:52 pm:

Gil,
Yes, I'm spoiled. The NLNB tour is right in my back yard. I live near the mid point of the route. I have simply driven my T over to New London for the pre-tours several times.

When my kids get a little older and head off to college, my wife and I should have more time to drag the old cars around the country for the noteworthy tours. Yours is one that sounds like fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

Out in the wild west we are holding the "Kiss" 1 and 2 tour next week. It's the keep it simple and stupid tour we have held for years now.

Head quartered in Vancouver Washington " the other Vancouver" We will tour 3 days up and down hills and dales visiting a huge toy train collection riveling the late Ward Kimble. A ride on a real honest to gosh Steam train, and other assorted fun things.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

So far 10 cars registered, assorted Reo's, Ramblers, Buick's, will post a few pix next week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

I hope you'll post it on the HCCA website, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 01:24 am:

Next to a model t one of these early gems I so dearly want one

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration