The Carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: The Carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Ford on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 03:10 pm:

My T is now running great and bringing lots of pleasure. There is still one minor problem. I've learned to adjust the carburetor so that it runs smooth and starts easily. However, the adjustment won't hold. If there is a bump in the road or a hill, it has to be readjusted. Can someone tell me if tightening the brass nut will keep the needle in place? I hope that is the right terminology--still a novice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 03:29 pm:

Annette -- Yes, that is the function of the brass nut on the mixture adjustment needle. It doesn't take much tightening to make a big difference, so go slowly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

If it's one of these, a Holley NH, or one of the similar carbs, the answer is yes. It's called a clamp nut. Tighten it enough to keep the needle from jiggling out of adjustment but leave it loose enough for you to change the adjustment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Annette, so glad to hear that you have your earlier T problems sorted out and that you are enjoying the hobby! :-)

Please consider posting some pictures of your car here or on your profile, thanks!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration