Title

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Title
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX. on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 04:00 pm:

Ready to start, again, on my efforts to get a Texas title. It will be a 24/5 depot hack. My last effort ended when I was offered a Texas 2015 Model T Ford Replica car title. I said no thanks. Any suggestions where I can go for some help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

First up, a different DMV office might help. I would find a quiet one where they find different tasks to be interesting rather than irritating. Next, your car isn't built from parts, it's a car that was previously de-registered to use for parts but eventually restored instead. Hopefully with those two things in mind they can help you with whatever paperwork you may need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 05:16 pm:

Your car has been sitting around for decades, don't go into any other details!!! (i. e. do NOT mention restorations, parts, etc. it's just a car that's been in your family (or the seller's family if you have a bill of sale) for decades and not driven on the streets, just parked. )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 05:19 pm:

Your car has been sitting around for decades, don't go into any other details!!! (i. e. do NOT mention restorations, parts, etc. it's just a car that's been in your family (or the seller's family if you have a bill of sale) for decades and not driven on the streets, just parked. )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 05:23 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

Jerry,

I have done this many times in Texas. Give me a call and I will walk you through it.

214 five three eight 88 three eight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

I e been trying to get a title for my 1911 Torpedo. 4 times the title comes back as a 2011 Torpedo. They gave me plates and gave me the original title back from California. Can't wait to get pulled over and try explain this one. I wonder what a 2011 Torpedo's worth?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 10:11 pm:

Richard, This is a problem with their computer program. When I bought my 1916 touring from a local Toyota dealer, their system could not handle a 1916 year so it was sold as a 2016.

No, it was not traded in on a new car. The dealer bought the Ford at an auction for himself, but never got around to doing anything with it. Then decided to sell it to someone who would.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

This is more than a small glitch if the program decides that your 1916 must meet 2016 smog etc. standards as it IS a 2016. Also insurance companies might have issues with this. We won't go into what might happen if the car gets stolen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 05:38 am:

Well this is 2015 and in this computer age I think they need to put on there big boy pants and fix it. They have no problem running me back and forth and spinning up those miles that they plan on taxing us on sometime in the near future. That's a 120 miles so far and I still have to go back again.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration