Tire patch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tire patch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 04:17 pm:

This was at a sale I went to I never saw one before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 06:23 pm:

And here is hoping you never have to use it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 07:06 pm:

That's nifty how it has the hooks to fit into the clincher rim. I didn't know they made them like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

I think that is known as a "tire boot" used to cover a badly worn spot, cut, or split on a tire. My grandpa used to make his own by cutting up another tire and wrapping baling wire around it. In fact, when he bought a new set of tires, he made boots out of the old tires to completely cover the new ones. He said that was the only way he could drive on the Ozark backwoods trails without having a flat every few miles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

Some were just laced on like a shoe as you noted. The fancy ones hooked to the clincher rim!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration