1919 Front windbreaker install

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1919 Front windbreaker install
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

I have the straps and pads installed. That makes me feel good. Now I am attempting to install the windbreaker.

This is a cartouche kit from Mac's. The windbreaker piece is 8 inches by about 54 inches. The directions state to tack it to the front bow. The front of the front bow is about 3 inches in front of the windshield. If I tack the windshield to the bow I will have about 4 inches hanging down over the windshield. It appears that this windbreaker piece should only be about 4 inches wide, not 8. Should I just cut it in half and throw half of it away?

Suggestions anyone? Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

Dave, on my 1916 touring I puzzled over that piece too. I think the correct way to install it is tack on the front of the bow, wrap it under and tack at the ends. In this way, the flap will rest on top of the windshield. I think later cars had a slightly different flap that sealed better.

Here is my car after, next to Tom Miller's touring at Old Car Festival (OCF).

Toms car

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration