On e-bay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: On e-bay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 11:48 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201395300286?rmvSB=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 11:51 pm:

It seems like a nice T, but it has a seriously bent/broken radius rod with a poor weld?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 11:53 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 12:08 am:

Ed,when I saw your comment, I was looking at the front radius rod, even more bent!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 12:24 am:

At least it doesn't have a water pump....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 01:34 am:

Boy, I wonder if this car is safe to drive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 01:35 am:

hmm, ran out of paint when they were doing the frame???
I find it very interesting what people call "frame-off" restorations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 02:34 am:

The seller answers a question with "Yes, Brass is all original, however every piece of brass was removed and professionally replated during the restoration." Hmmmmm. Buyer beware on this car.
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 02:57 am:

"Re-machined for Unleaded Fuel"
"3 Bands (Low, High, Brake)"
"Sliding Gear Transmission"

I suspect the "Total Investment approximately $48,000" was because the owner hired the work done. It appears that most of it was well done, but the unpainted modern running board hardware and the bad radius rods, front and rear, don't inspire confidence in the mechanical work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 06:52 am:

Looks like a trailer loading miss-hap to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 07:53 am:

Been on the market for a while. Given the questionable condition, I'm surprised the bids are going this high. Lord knows what the reserve is. But, if this thing is approaching $30K then that sure gives my very correct, much better condition '15 a lot of hope if I ever sell it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 07:58 am:

Shill bidding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Seems like a lot of incorrect size and unpainted and rusted nuts and bolts on the underside. If there was such little attention to the obvious , who knows what was glossed over for the major mechanicals. Also not being an expert are those door handle surrounds correct?

I was less than impressed with the fit and finish of the rear seat cushion cover. It seems to be loose and sloppy. I think the rear cushion is much thicker than original t's. I however am not an expert , and these are just my observations.

Once again just another dealer trying to sell a product they are not knowledgeable about.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 10:36 am:

I was thinking the same thing Fred. I would have to do something with those radius rods before it ever left my driveway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 06:26 pm:

I haven't read a comment on this thread that I would not agree with (In other words, you are all right on the money!). And yes, BCG, that rear seat bugs me every time I look at the photos.
Sadly, this car really would not take much (provided it isn't a disaster mechanically, always a suspicion when so many obvious things are so bad) to be made into something really enjoyable to be proud of. It has a few unusual features (I don't know about the door handle escutcheons) because it is a Canadian build. That in itself would make it especially interesting on major HCCA and model T tours.
Again, my apologies to the handful of good collector car dealers I know out there. Most of the collector car dealers I know of out there seem to either be totally dollar driven, or have some pathological need to prove how little they know by continuing to make claims that anyone that knows these cars would know are not true. How they ever manage to get some of the offers they turn down is beyond me, unless it is exactly what Royce said. I think Royce is right.
Most of these dealers are really not good for the hobby.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

A lot of money for a not so great car.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 11:50 am:

Hey, that's my car on the cover of the AACA magazine laying on the running board! Nice paint work, but I'm not sure otherwise. I'm looking closely at the wheels particularly with all that deep grain showing. Looks like they just got a coat of paint without much other effort on them. Reading the description tells me they don't know much about model Ts.

"2 Speed Planetary Sliding Gear Transmission

3 Bands (Low, High, Brake)
Pedal actuated Bands (for easier driving)"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

Terry, don't forget that it's "Re-machined for Unleaded Fuel".

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration