C cab back window

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: C cab back window
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Calvin Watts on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 11:52 pm:

What goes around back window for the 4 tabs to hold it it in? Any pictures? Suggestions? thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 01:28 am:

Calvin I don't know what the original rear window seals were like but I have used this one before.

http://www.macsautoparts.com/early_v8_ford_truck/rear-window-seal-rubber-not-bon ded-92-ford-pickup-truck.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 08:17 am:

This is about as close to original as I found. I had new glass cut that was 3/16" thick. The link below is for this thickness but they also carry 1/4".

http://stores.restorationspecialties.com/4512-ws-sold-by-the-foot/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 09:15 am:

The original glass was 1/4" thick plate:

Below is a cross section view of the original rubber gasket:

Below is a picture of the new glass and rubber installed:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 10:44 am:

Is it true the very first C cabs had a larger rear window?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Calvin Watts on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 10:55 am:

Thanks everyone. That's just what I needed to know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 01:12 pm:

Larry, I have never seen an original picture of a C cab with a larger rear window. From what I know, the earliest C cabs had a lower roof line and I have seen those with the standard rear window.

I have seen a C cab that was street rodded and someone cut out the reinforcing rib and put in a larger window but it looked really bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 05:32 pm:

The Ford parts window glass lists 2 sizes for C-cab rear windows - I believe the 1924 is slightly larger - not by much !

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration