Open Runabout with doors-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Open Runabout with doors-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 11:20 pm:

I suppose these were an accessory.
Notice the three tier sidelights. What brand are they?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 03:28 am:

Very interesting. I think that you are right. At first glance it looks like a 1911 torpedo, but the doors and lower portion of the body are not quite correct for the torpedo. It does (at least to me) look like the open roadster with added doors. The open roadster had the same curved fenders, shorter running boards, and similar windshield with braces as the torpedo roadster. The firewall was moved back about two inches with a longer hood and slightly modified transmission pedals, lower seat with the larger gasoline tank behind the seat all as well. Both of those body styles are tops among my favorite Ford factory offered cars. I don't recall ever seeing one quite like this before, however.
Thank you Herb!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 10:49 am:

Gas tank has been moved forward and a tool box added.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

Here is a close up of an open runabout for comparison:

And the car that Roger used to have:

(Note the slight radius where the sill meets the seat riser.)

Although I have seen aftermarket doors for the regular 1911 roadster, I have never seen aftermarket doors for an open runabout. Thanks for sharing.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

Perhaps they are wooden doors made by the owner of the car. In the lower left hand window pane in the house is that someone peeking out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

E&J Herb, you need a set?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration