Forum help well .?.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Forum help well .?.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 02:08 am:

I can't seem to get the auto sign in to work
On my tablet the option is checked to save name AND PASSWORD BUT I HAVE TO KEEP TYPING IT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 03:18 am:

Bob, I don't know what problem you are having. I signed in so long ago that I can't remember when and I've never had to resign in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 08:33 am:

The forum uses an outdated and unsafe method to store the information. I think by default or by AV settings, the method is disabled. I can tell you how to turn it on in IE but doing so will open your system to misuse by other websites.

I've had the same problem since IE-9 or 10. I forget which but just recently discovered where/why it occurs. After researching the option, I decided it wasn't worth the risk of misuse and left it turned off. I'd rather just sign-in for my messages. By the way, the forum does remember your user/password for the User Profile so it must be coming from a cookie. Don't know why the messaging can't do the same.

As a side note; If you do turn it on, it will allow every website you visit to use up to 20MB of your disk space to store information, scripts and programs. This is not in total but EVERY website that chooses to use the method can allocate up to 20MB (10MB by default). You can't turn it on for specific sites. It's either on or off for everyone.

I think allowing cookies should be enough but this site builder chose an unnecessary and risky method to save sign-in information.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration