Firewall removed question about felt strip

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Firewall removed question about felt strip
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 01:11 pm:

Removing the firewall from my December of 23 1924 roadster I found evidence of this felt strip across the top. I noted on the firewall itself to Little Rivets, similar to the type holding band material on, or firewall lacing. Was used to probably hold this to the firewall for factory assembly. Anyone else run into this? This car's never been disassembled before. On my post to Facebook I made the joke all this to replace a head bolt....

(Message edited by jh1427 on August 02, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 01:24 pm:

(Message edited by dobro1956 on August 02, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

Jerome, The felt is a seal to keep water from getting into the coil box. Im not sure how long it was used. I have seen the small rivet holes to hold it on in several different firewalls. Langs sells the new felt strip. It is shaped to fit the firewall curve..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

Thanks Donnie, that is what I thought but not having it on my touring because it was restores in the 70's it's neat to "discover" new things about my old cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 09:02 am:

Painted and back in, pics later. Working on getting the column back together now. Thinking unless better advice I thinking of a good wheel bearing grease for the quadrant.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration