Left side Ruckstell shift lever

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Left side Ruckstell shift lever
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 04:05 pm:

I have the T-2500 kit from Snyder's for the left side shift kit taking a look at the instructions it does not mention where the second u bolt and the two collars go. Does any one have the unit and maybe pictures of the installation. I have not pulled the floorboards up yet to look it over so it may be self explanatory. But at this point it would be nice to see a picture if available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 04:17 pm:

Look here:

(Message edited by adminchris on August 02, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

Thanks Royce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

Weather you use the pillow blocks or the u-bolts/bushings depends on the body you will use. Some have more clearance between the body and the frame. If you have enough clearance you can use the pillow blocks if not the u-bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

Thanks Jack, I got 2 U bolts and 2 bushings with my kit. No pillow blocks.

(Message edited by adminchris on August 02, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 11:21 pm:

I use an old hand brake lever

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 11:36 pm:

What a shame to drill those holes in a nice original frame! Almost as bad as drilling holes for step plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 02:12 am:

Richard E. Google...

left hand Ruckstell shifter MTFCA

You will find instructions and pictures and drawings. Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 07:30 am:

Larry,

My MIG welder can make those holes disappear should I ever want to. You could never tell anything was ever there. In fact that frame had 10 or more holes filled in each frame rail because someone had bolted some sort of farm equipment on top while it was being used as a trailer. I tapped each of the holes, screwed in pieces of cut off bolts, welded both sides and ground smooth to get rid of all those holes..

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration