Definition of an optimist?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Definition of an optimist?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 01:42 pm:

Is this the definition of an optimist?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271947146456?forcerRptr=true&item=271947146456&viewitem=

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

Vehicle title "Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed" might make it hard to register in another state. "All original" Complete with water pump and motorcycle horn! Too bad he has his starting bid so high He might find out how much someone is willing to pay for it if he had started the bidding at about 6K he would still have the reserve to keep it from going if he didn't get his price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

So are the front spring perches for the above the axle wishbone? Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 04:04 pm:

Scott,

Yes those are the earlier style spring perches for an above the axle wish bone. But it has the below the axle wishbone. It also does have the correct 1926-27 spindles.

Above notice how the cotter pin in the bolt of the Crank Case front bearing and spring clip does not touch the nut. My initial guess is he used the 1926-27 truck part rather than the car part.

Also that the front cross member is bolted in rather than riveted. That is ok safety wise as long as the bolts are tight and good quality.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 04:21 pm:

The optimist believes we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 04:43 pm:

Sounds about right locally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

An optimist only looks one way when crossing the street. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

Want to bet there is are no cotter pins in the wishbone nuts or they are the wrong nuts! I think this car was listed in the classifieds here. Looks like the out side was given a fresh coat of paint and new interior sometime in the not so distant past so it's no longer original.
Jay; I like that sign every time I see it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Mathis, Van Buren, AR on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

Definition of an optimist: the guy that goes to the court house each year to see if his marriage license has expired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

Re;"Selling because of health issues, want car to go to someone who will enjoy it" to me that is used car speak for way over priced and going for the pity ploy.
If he really wanted it to go to someone that would enjoy it, price it for what it's worth, which in this current market is WAY less then his starting price. For a parade car or one or trips to the ice cream store it might be ok, but no telling how many thousands of $ will be needed to make into a good car. Just seeing the front end makes me wonder about the rest.
By the way it was a coupe I was thinking of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 10:49 pm:

It's missing the apron below the radiator too. Way too much money for the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 04:34 am:

Mark, you are probably right about the fresh coat of paint. There is no hood lacing either in the radiator shell or the cowl, yet there is no paint rubbed off the cowl!

What sort of front seats are those? The Tudor I imported has a different seat for the passenger, it is set further back, and has a lower backrest.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 05:12 am:

An Optimist sees his pessimist friend looking down in the dumps and ask him what's wrong didn't you follow my advice? The pessimist says sure did you said cheer up things could be worse so I cheered up and sure enough things got much worse! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 11:09 am:

I think he is being very optimistic all I see is a very tired car,and the value? Probably 4 or $5,000

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 11:10 am:

An Optimist sees the glass as half full

The Pessimist sees the glass as half empty

The Engineer sees a glass that is twice as big as necessary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 05:33 pm:

and governor Brown (Califunny) see a water surplus that should be cited & fined!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 09:22 pm:

Unless I am reading it wrong there is a bid on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

Yes there is one bid but as it has not reached reserve, it may be a shill bid to garner interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 08:27 am:

Surely another Optimist :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Sedan-/261972411449?forcerrptr=true&hash=it em3cfec5c439&item=261972411449

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 09:06 am:

Surely another Optimist :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Sedan-/261972411449?forcerrptr=true&hash=it em3cfec5c439&item=261972411449

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 09:12 am:

Maybe this is the start of a new trend.
Maybe young people are starting to take an interest.
Maybe our T assets are about to skyrocket.
Maybe pigs will fly......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 10:23 am:

That's a lovely Fordor, and I don't blame the guy for trying to recover some of what he spent on it, but he's dreaming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 10:50 am:

At least he has a best offer button activated so you can make him a reasonable offer! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 11:13 am:

I had to look up "Rotisserie/Nut & Bolt Restoration", just didn't click when I read it. Seems the car guy's are somewhat split on it's use as a description on the one site I looked at. The seller want's to point out that it's a "Rotisserie/Nut & Bolt Restoration" but does not say one word about the actual running gear. (?) It is a great looking car, like the color (even if it's not quite right) but the red velour interior, can you say; PIMP MY RIDE! :-) Add the fact that it's a 4 door in the mix...hope spring eternal! Seems it's been listed before but don't remember the starting price.
Side note; I wonder how the wood frame work holds up to being put on a rotisserie turned on it's side? Seems to me that there would be a good chance of pulling something loose or sag when the body is on it's side.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration