Help identify these carbide lights?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Help identify these carbide lights?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

These are probably early teens, no markings. Chimney doesn't appear to be brass nor does the rim. front
Here is a side view. side
Here is the back. Thanks in advance!!back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

With a vertically opening door, these are probably truck. Some trucks came with gas lamps into the 1920's and were all steel. The general style did not change much as the lamp manufacturers continued to use the old dies, trucks usually were not a fashion statement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Thanks Layden.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 02:09 pm:

Those are very similar to these on my 1923 YPC Bus. White Motor Co supplied me with many photos of their trucks fitted with similar lamps up to 1929. Steel bodies and brass or steel doors and tops. The rough roads tended to age crack the brass. Many times the brass trim was painted on commercial vehicles. There were several makers and variations. Mine do have the 4 carriage bolts in front and back. Many of these vehicles used a magneto for ignition and no battery so electric lights were not an option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 08:36 pm:

Richard, those do look close to the ones I found. I am going to look at the tops and rim closer to see if it is brass that has been painted. thanks for your input. Are you coming down to the Payette Swap meet, Sept 12 (I think).?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 10:33 pm:

Marvin, I think they are the same the more I look at them. I couldn't find a name on mine. I probably won't make Payette. Boise was fun.

Rich

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration