Slow forum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Slow forum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 07:19 pm:

Anyone else having a problem with this forum being very slow to respond ? 30 second wait for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

No, runs the same as normal here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

'Explorer' seemed to have had "technical problems" this afternoon.... Noticed with Yahoo being a prime victim. Yahoo still was a problem with Firefox, by my observation. I've got the Windows 8.1, and they're rolling out Windows 10, so don't know if that's part of it. My wife's daughter (an IT programmer) suggested to take their 'free' conversion about December, when they've had a chance 'to get the bugs out'...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 07:46 pm:

Works fine here Widows 7.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

No problems today, running an ancient Windows XP machine. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

I downloaded Windows 10 already. Appears to be more stable, but takes a long time to leave a post on the forum and go back to the listing of posts. Windows 8.1 was definitely faster.

However, my son the programmer, tells me that Windows 10 will make his life a lot easier. Oh well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

Works fine on my dial up service takes at least 2-3 min per page from the top down. Have not noticed anything getting slower than it already is.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 11:56 pm:

No problem here. I find that when things slow down, the cure is often just restarting the computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 04:06 am:

I have no problem with this site, BUT other sites
such as Ford truck enthusiast and ebay is just
about useless; that round circle up top spins
forever and I get screen freeze. Don't know what
I have as far as windows (I know its not 10)
and bought new in Dec last year. So why is this
only on a few sites? My updates and protection
says no issues. And then my T is always there
no issues (almost not a T cause I don't have to
work on it-just put gas in) v/s pc's and new
junk. ugg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 05:25 am:

No Problem with linux or Mac, have you cleaned out your stale cookies recently?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 06:39 am:

Here, downunder, no problem either.
Chrome, Windows 7 and in about 30 mins from now, WX
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 08:13 pm:

Just down loaded WIN 10. First thing I noticed it takes about 30 sec to return to the forum after reading a posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 07:16 am:

W7 and IE-11 work fine. The first page (thread index) loads in about 1-1.5 seconds. Viewing a single thread with photos takes about 1/2 second longer. I moved the IE temporary cache off my SSD to a HDD a long time ago to ease wear. I just recently moved it again to a RAM Disk. I don't have to clear the cache as it just goes away when I shutdown the PC. I still run CCleaner about every other day to purge cookies though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 07:22 am:

Oh, and W10 will take longer since MS is capturing your keystrokes and surfing habits. "They say" to improve your experience with Cortana. Also, much of what used to be resident on your PC is now Cloud based in W10. (Microsoft's Cloud)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 07:24 am:

I am just slow to begin with ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 11:18 am:

I just installed Windows 10, and am sorry I did. It's a p.o.s!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 11:36 am:

I'm using Windows 98SE with no trouble at all. Antique car, antique software.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 01:42 pm:

'Control-Shift-Delete' simultaneously will clear out the cache of 'cookies'. A Tech at Yahoo had me do that.... Didn't seem to do anything with Explorer, but did present a notification with FireFox.
Hearing the dis-satisfaction with the Windows 10 rollout, I'm glad to have heeded the daughter's (an IT programmer) advice to "wait until December for them to get the bugs out." The free upgrade of Windows 10 can be had until July of 2016....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 11:00 pm:

Installing WIN 10 wiped out my games folder. Ability to "Reset computer to an earlier date" seems to be lost also. Saved my butt a few times.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration