Best Side Curtins?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Best Side Curtins?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

I want to buy side curtains for my 26 roadster. Who makes/sells the best quality side curtains? PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 10:12 am:

I would be very careful on this one. The 26-7 side curtains are a lot more complicated than the earlier ones. I would do a lot of research, and try to find someone who has some originals to copy. I suggest you get in touch with Dan Treace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 10:26 am:

Pat

Sent you a PM with some info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

I had the same question for my 1929 A Roadster - I wound up buying a used set that were exceptionally well made and having them copied by a good friend who is a seamstress using the material that matched my car - then hand fitting the fasteners to match locations to the car... Lot of work, but well worth the effort & cost.

Mary (in her late 80's) did one heck of a job on them, but I'm not so sure she would even talk to me now...

I hope you have good luck - and heed the advice given above - there are some not-so-good ones on the market.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

Pat the stock side curtains for my 27 roadster had very small "View ports" Classtique will make custom side curtains with a bigger, and IMHO, safer side curtains and they seem to get good reviews on this site

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

oops that should read bigger view ports, I believe Mark Strange had them make a pair for him, and they looked very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 03:08 pm:

Here's a link to the thread where I showed the custom side curtains that Classtique made for me (based on a sketch that I sent them):

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/419850.html?1391372093

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration