New top 23 Touring need help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New top 23 Touring need help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Monday, August 03, 2015 - 09:06 pm:

Looking for anyone in the northern California area that has installed one of the tops from Classtique Upholstery. I have one coming this week and would like to know what tricks there are to installing it. I have watched the video on on U-Tube and it really does not look like a easy task. At the price of them I certainly do not want to mess it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 10:44 am:

My first ever attempt at a top installation was with a Classtique kit on my 1924 cut-off pickup. I bit the bullet and bought a nice pneumatic staple gun, it helped a lot because it allowed me to hold the material with one hand while I stapled with the other. I also used lots of clamps and push pins to hold things in place during trial fits.

You can do it! Here is a link to my older thread on my first-attempt installation:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/387929.html?1379253208

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 11:40 pm:

Thanks Mark,
I should have the top this week. Then I might have more questions for the forum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 07:05 am:

I enjoy putting on early tops, usually made from scratch, and I'll give you one piece of advice.

Before you even start putting the top on, spend some time making sure the irons and bows are square and correct in relation to both the body and the other bows. I usually spend anywhere from 4 to 8 hours just getting top bows and irons square, before the fabrication begins.

A lot can happen to the top supports over the course of 100 years..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 08:59 am:

HI David and thanks for the information. I sent you a P/M

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration