1915 Model T Ford vin number

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1915 Model T Ford vin number
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Need to know how to find vin #'s on 1915 touring car with out original engine.
Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 10:53 am:

Charles, the only was to find a Model T VIN is by the stamped number just above the water inlet on the left side of the engine. If the engine isn't original to the car, it should still have a stamped number. But sometimes a number isn't stamped when the engine is replaced. So it might be blank. Then get a set of number stamps of the correct height and stamp a number that's appropriate for the 1915 model year and have it inspected by your state's authorities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

I had a 15 Roadster that was titled using the body number stamped under the seat - seems the DOT required the number not to be the same as the engine in whatever state it was titled in the 90's before I bought it. I've also heard of states issuing a new number that would then need to be stamped on the frame or a tag that needed to be riveted on... Each state is different it seems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

Yes, the rules vary from state to state. I expect Oklahoma probably has a website where you can find out about yours, then you can figure out what to do about them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 01:11 pm:

I had known that Utah wanted to see a plate stamped with the engine #; so I got a reproduction plate from one of the many vendors and stamped the # with stamps from Harbor Freight. The engine # and the plate match. I put it on the firewall. It was so much easier to get my nod from the police inspection than I thought. The police like to see a metal plate with the #'s on it. Go figure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

Charles, Stamp the # that is on your title on the plate. other than that I do not know if it is anywhere else on the car. I have a 1916 and had the frame stripped to bare metal and saw no #'s.. I have a Model A that I replaced the engine in and Utah has no clue how to change the title; so I stamped the old block #, which is the same as the title in the frame under the front running board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 10:49 pm:

can you buy stamps with the proper font?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration