Old photos, folks living with Lizzy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old photos, folks living with Lizzy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 02:10 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 02:11 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 02:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 02:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 02:14 am:

Vintage Cars from between the 1900s and 1920s (15).jpg modeltfordgrandma1.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 02:15 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 02:16 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 02:16 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 02:17 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 02:18 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 02:19 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Bracknell United Kingdom on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 10:38 am:

More examples to support my thesis. Brass era Ts travelled mainly at horse & cart speed - look at all those folded windscreens & hats that would blow away if you did over 12mph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 10:59 am:

My goodness man! If you travelled faster than a horse could gallop the very breath would be sucked out of you and you would DIE!!!

Also, the roads (what served as roads) were so poor that you could not travel faster than maybe twelve or fifteen miles per hour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 11:02 am:

Jem, I agree.
Try and drive your Model T on a totally chuck-holed road over even 5 miles and hour without being ejected and you'll see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

This is the road I have to travel every day to get to pavement and people who ride with me often remark that the T handles the ruts and holes better than their fancy SUV's. But, it is low gear all the way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

Great pictures! back in those days it was miles per day not hour

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 07:57 pm:

Top photo is a 1914 Towncar

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 01:19 am:

Nice photo of the prototype Mercury Cougar!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 01:33 am:

I spent the first 20 years of my life with horses and became well familiarized
with the speed that which the world passed by, both at a walk and a full gallup.

"Buzzing" down the road in my TT at a smooth and comfortable 15 mph, I
look to the side and the passing homes and trees and mailboxes and realize
just how fast a truck like mine was when compared to a team of horses pulling
the same load. AND, the TT could go all day at that speed if the roads allowed
it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 06:19 am:

Erich,

Great photos thank you for posting them. If you happen to have a lead on where I could obtain a higher resolution copy of the 1915 Canadian touring, please let me know. It has some other details that I cannot quite make out and a higher resolution copy might show those.

The items that point to a Canadian touring: the hinges on the driverís door, fork mounted electric headlamps (standard on many 1915 Canadian cars), bulb horn mounted underneath the steering column, and 30 x 3 Ĺ tires all around. And of course the brass trim on the headlamps and side lamps indicate 1915 rather than the 1916.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration