Magnet Re-Charger

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Magnet Re-Charger
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Vasconcelos in Fairhaven, MA on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 08:21 am:

I have a 1929 Maytag gas engine who's magnet needs to be re-charged. Does anyone have an old magnet re-charger for their T Magneto's they could help me out with?

I'm in Massachusetts and would pay to ship the magnet out for re-charging.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 09:05 am:

I recharged the magnets on a Model T flywheel yesterday with a 40 Volt 40 Amp early golf cart battery charger.

The transmission was out of the engine and placed magnets up on a bench arrangement.

A good coil ring was aligned and placed on the magnets, which were so discharged that they would not even hold a paper clip.

About 3 short pulses of power was applied to the coil ring. The ring was turned half way around and the process repeated.

I removed the power cables and tried to remove the coil ring. I could pick up the whole 125 pound transmission with the coil ring still attached with no power applied and could not remove it without a pry bar.

The Charger with an 8 hour timer switch removed and replaced with a push button switch.

Charger

I also have an original 1920 era American Bosch magnet charger that can charge individual magnets.

I have restored it and it still works well.

Original

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration