Help on '26 Coupe Headboard?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Help on '26 Coupe Headboard?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

Okay guys, I recently bought a '26 Coupe that has an incomplete interior- the last two owners didn't get many interior pieces secured. My headboard panel (above windshield) has studs on the panel but no inserts in the headboard metal panel.

What does anyone suggest I can do with these pressure studs sticking out? I hate to have to rip these out and start something new.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

I cut them flush then attached the headboard panel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 04:49 pm:

James
The metal header has holes for the metal inserts (Old style)and for the new style plastic inserts. it looks like you have the plastic ones. Before you install the header make sure it fits correctly. The header has a curve to it. It should be a little thinner on the ends. also layout for your rear view mirror. I restored a 1926 coupe and had to recut my header to fit correctly. I also had to have them remake the hip panels. I found three ways the 1926-27 coupe made the hip panels and the tray behind the seat. Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

What do you mean? How do you attach it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

Leon,
Can you show me what style plastic fastener?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

I will have to take a picture of both styles for you. The nails are called D nails. The female part goes in the holes in your metal header. They are also used on the doors and hip panels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

My hope is I can find some locally instead of having to order and wait for them- Anyone have any luck with local ACE or hardware supply houses?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

Jim , are the holes threaded, that u put them little white pieces into, because there was a header trim that went across there on some cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

James send me an e-mail and I will send you a hole lot of pictures of the 26 coupe I restored.
nospamford1914@bellsouth.net
remove the nospam. I may have some left. Let me know how many you need. You will not find them at the hardware store. If you have a old upholstery shop in your area they may have some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

Found this on Mac's but still wonder if anyone has used a locally available fastener?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 05:15 pm:

Holes are on the top and the metal header trim holds the bottom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 05:16 pm:

That's what you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Leon is correct, the pins were on the top. The kit I put in a '26 were off too far so I had to move them buy peeling back the cloth and drilling new holes for the pins to line up. The trim piece and mirror hold it in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

Thanks for the help!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration