OT - New London pics

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - New London pics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

Many wonderful people and cars at New London again. Registrations are up with 70 entered on Wednesday. Today was rainy, otherwise the weather has been great. Many Ford owners joined us on the Early Ford tour and transitioned to New London. My favorite cars in addition to the Fords are a 1908 Moon and Maxwell touring:

Two Stanley's together:

Eric Hylen's new Maxwell:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

Lot's of red cars, I like red cars! :-)(and green and black etc)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

I didn't notice Dave and Eric had a New London thread too. More pics at the Early Ford Registry site and on this thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/560850.html?1438908801

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 11:02 pm:

Here's the link to my photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/116176319175044445264/NLNB2015?authuser=0&authkey=G v1sRgCKSEzM_Hp4ewJg&feat=directlink

Today, a bout a dozen of us ran the tour despite a dire weather forecast. We were rewarded with a great tour route and decent weather, absent of rain. We got back and had our cars put away an hour before the tornado warning sirens sounded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 11:15 pm:

Eric, thanks. I "borrowed one of your pics to show one of my favorites, a 1908 Moon:

At the lineup on the first pre-tour, from left to right, the Moon, K 6-40 and 13 Stutz Bearcat:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

Nice set of pictures and fun to watch the slideshow. Great Stuff. Thank you Eric.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 11:43 pm:

Fabulous pictures Thanks Alot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 07:55 am:

Here's the link to my photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/116176319175044445264/NLNB2015?authuser=0&authkey=G v1sRgCKSEzM_Hp4ewJg&feat=directlink

Today, a bout a dozen of us ran the tour despite a dire weather forecast. We were rewarded with a great tour route and decent weather, absent of rain. We got back and had our cars put away an hour before the tornado warning sirens sounded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 08:47 am:

Wonderful cars and great photos. Thank you Rob and Eric for sharing them.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 02:10 pm:

That 1908 Moon is an awesome looking car! Any chance he is bringing it to the Old Car Festival? Would love to see it in person. Many thanks for all the photos.

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

I'm looking forward to driving the little yellow speedster down to Kingston tomorrow. This always ends up at the top of the list of favorite things to do. Always so many beautiful cars and good friends. I drove past Jim Laumeyers house a bit ago and sounded the horn even though I'm certain he's in New London. I'm praying for good weather tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

Wonderful photos! Great cars a bunch! Thank you to all who have shared.
I see the blue and cream French Front Oldsmobile again. Can someone ask what model it is? (Potential requisite model T content?)
Eric Hylen's Maxwell looks like the perfect two cylinder car. Congratulations on getting the car and making it onto this tour!
So many fantastic cars. I look forward to more photos (hint, hint).
Do drive carefully, and enjoy! (and watch out for missiles), W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 03:57 pm:

These are great pictures thanks for posting them and keep them coming.

Who's running the K 6-40? First time I ever heard of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 04:40 pm:

Dennis Seth, You need to get OuT more and read some of the OT threads! That is our own Rob Heyen sharing his wonderful journey with all us little low-lifes that enjoy such things. There have been numerous threads all the way from the teaser that he was maybe going to get something special, on through the cleanup re-restoration getting ready to run it! There has been drama, and pathos, last minute wheel failures that required heroic efforts to barely make the first tour still nearly only days ago (he missed the first planned event, the speedster reunion because of the wheel problem). The car is currently being run almost just as the model K lead car was in the 1909 New York to Seattle race was run back in 1909. He will later return it to the factory full fendered version. Unless of course he finds that he likes it this way too much! (That would never happen says the fellow who has driven open wheel speedsters for more than 40 years now.)
Rob has even shared links to two short ride videos in the car.
Speaking wholly for myself. I am looking forward to more. Welcome aboard!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

Wayne,

I know it's Rob's car I'm just yank'n his chain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 06:14 pm:

LOL! Good for you! (Got me too!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

Mike,
Jim was not in New London at 2:00 pm, he was in Spicer with me, enjoying a root beer float on the shores of Green Lake. :-)
I'll post today's photos later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

Somehow I'm really feeling left out right now. Hopefully that pack of delinquents I'm running with tomorrow will want to stop at the Dairy Queen. Was that Jim's Maxwell Touring I saw earlier? Have a great time tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

Wayne,

I believe the French Front Olds is a Model N since it is the roadster version. I believe the Touring version was designated Model T.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

I should have said the version with the Rear Entrance Toneau was designated Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 10:35 pm:

I cannot verify what I think I know because the CDO site has been down for a few days (I put a question on the HCCA site this morning because of it).
IF I recall correctly? The model N (?) was available only as a runabout, but the model T was available as either a more powerful runabout or a detachable tonneau touring. A very good friend of mine has a beautiful 1904 detachable tonneau touring. I got to ride in the back for about a mile or so one day. I really enjoyed it! There are chassis (and I think engine) differences between the two models. I am certain at least a couple restored model Ts are occasionally toured without tonneau, although I don't know for certain the owners don't have them elsewhere.

I do hope the CDO site gets fixed soon. I have wanted one for years and occasionally look in there for reference. Usually when I see something like a picture of one on tour.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 11:00 pm:

There is a second French front Olds here. It's got a really neat cabana style top. I'll post photos as soon as I get a better Wifi connection.

This week is truly the highlight of my year. The only thing better than the cars, is the fellowship with the owners. This is a bucket list tour. I'm very lucky to have it right in my back yard, making it easy for me to participate each year.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration