1917 Fordson #9 Prototype, T's and much more

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1917 Fordson #9 Prototype, T's and much more
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 07:56 am:

We went to the Canandaigua, NY Steam Show. The feature of the meet is the Ford/Fordson tractors. I've never seen so many Fordsons in one place. This show attracts thousands of people every year. Anyone that lives in this area, it is well worth going to today, as this is the last day of the show. This is the first set of pictures, with more to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 08:22 am:

Dan, thank You for posting the pics. I wanted to go to this show with the T doodlebug, but there are just so many I can get to without letting other work fall behind.

Post more if you have them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 08:34 am:

Chad, I know what you mean. I wanted to take one of my Fordsons but just didn't have the time. My wife will be posting more pics. as she gets time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 08:35 am:

Cool stuff. Thanks!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 10:08 am:

Dan.....
Thanks for taking the time to share what looks like a Great Day.....Can't wait to see more..
Love the Buzz Saw....Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 10:16 am:

Here is the first Fordson engine built by Hercules Motors in Canton Ohio. They built about 65,000 before the contract was ended. My Grandfather is on the right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 06:34 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

Bruce, That is an outstanding picture, and what a treasure to have your grandfather in it. Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 11:35 pm:

Nice pics makes me miss my Irish 29 fordson that Terry woods now owns

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 09:08 am:

Thought this would be interesting to add to this thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 09:35 am:

That gold select-o-speed was a dealer demonstrator. Once sold, the dealer would have re-painted it and been covered on the expense by Ford. Carl Davis (Eau Claire Michigan) had a 971 demonstrator that needed restored. He bought it off a guy as the transmission was bad. Carl was one of about 5 guys in the midwest that could repair one. He fixed the transmission and was hoping to restore the tractor during retirement. He told me once he checked the S/N after finding gold paint under the red and it was in fact one of the known demonstrators. Carl was a model T guy as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

Gary, interesting, there were two gold ones at the show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 02:13 am:

Dan, what was the Fordson with the side boom used for? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

David, I'm not sure what it was used for. With the industrial wheels it was probably used for some type of commercial loading.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 12:48 am:

Thanks Dan. It is certainly is unusual. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

Thanks for the Fordson feature of the NY antique tractor show Dan. I was on this Forum several months ago asking for a Fordson mentor as I'm now restoring my second Model F - a 1922 model. I was directed to another site and entered a rather long post only to receive no interest. Oh well....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

George, Your welcome. I must have missed your post because I would have responded to it. I have four Fordsons myself

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration