Brass/Bronze for 4th Main?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Brass/Bronze for 4th Main?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 02:23 pm:

Looking through a friends pile of wonders I came across a fourth main with a brass/bronze bushing instead of babbett. Is this an acceptable material? PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 02:46 pm:

I've got one of those in my '13 T. Been running it for years. I have babbit in everything else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

I would like to see pictures of the fourth main and hear some of the forum rebuilders and machinists expand on the use of a bronze-brass bushing as described. Pros, Cons? Thanks

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration