OT shocks on rear axle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT shocks on rear axle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 04:13 pm:

I need to put shocks on the rear of my A speedster. I cannot use the friction shocks so will use gas shocks.
I need to mount shock with the two ends 90 degrees opposing . Will the shock work right with the two ends mounted in opposite directions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

Tyrone
Not very well, unless you are really good at lining up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

Aren't all shocks mounted with the ends in opposite directions?

Are you talking about like Indy Car shock mounts? (Horizontally mounted shocks)

(Message edited by ccwken on August 08, 2015)

(Message edited by ccwken on August 08, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

Two edits - I'll get it right sooner or later. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

I think he means, "will the shocks still work if they are mounted upside down"?
Because the shocks he has have ends at the bottom that would easily connect at the top and.....
I would set a shock up in a vise or stand one in a corner for a while and try to open and collapse it several times to see if it continues to work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

Pictures would help :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration