Are any of these grease guns Model A or T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Are any of these grease guns Model A or T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 01:04 am:

I am cleaning up the barn and came across these grease guns. Are any of them Model A or T? If not I will pitch them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 01:30 am:

In my opinion the bottom two could be.
The T I don't think ever had a use for a grease gun.
You just fill the grease cups and screw them back on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 01:33 am:

The bottom one goes on a hose thet gets grease from a barrel.without seeing the nozzle I can't tell what type of greas fitting it could used for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 02:09 am:

The top one looks like an old chainsaw sprocket grease gun.

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 07:47 am:

The top one is for the ball type fittings often used on machine tools for oil points.

The middle is for pin type grease fittings and often used on heavy machinery.

The bottom could be anything. Clean it up and see if there's a maker name or patent number. The time period might be obtained from those but it doesn't look Model T era. The Model T didn't use pressure grease fittings--They used cups. Not sure about Model As.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 07:54 am:

Thanks for the replies. I will pitch them. If anyone wants one or all they are free if you pay shipping.

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 11:10 am:

Since a Model T had no grease fittings, they couldn't have used one of those!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 04:40 pm:

I cannot see if it is complete or not. But the middle one is an after-market (and machinery, and some cars) Alemite gun. Studebaker. and about a hundred other cars used Alemite fittings in the 1920s.
I would probably be willing to pay shipping charges if you want to bother. I do use Alemites on my boat-tail, and have an excellent original grease gun for them that I use. Send me a quick PM with an estimate if you want to bother with it.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne tomlins on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 01:05 am:

None of those were issued for Model A or V8, but look to be from that era.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration