Looking for owner of 1923 model t coupe 6041732

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Looking for owner of 1923 model t coupe 6041732
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randal Serpa on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 04:55 pm:

I have some original paper work that may be of interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

If the paperwork is from before WW2, then it's likely less than 1% chance that this specific car is still around.. Closed cars before 1926 had lots of wood that rots if it sits outside and they've been less desirable to save than tourings and roadsters in recent decades. But it's not impossible..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randal Serpa on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

I know the car was around in the fifties, but I thought
I would at least try. It would be great to have this info for my 1924, history is a wonderful thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

If the car was in good condition well into the 50's, then there's a much better chance it's still here - the attitude change from "old jalopy bound for the junk yard" into "cool old car that should be restored" came during that decade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 08:18 pm:

That engine number would be a late model 1922. (May 26, 1922) I wonder if the dealer sold it as a '23 to clear stock?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randal Serpa on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

The paperwork states it was purchased in November 1922 as a 1923 model

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 10:30 pm:

It would help if we knew where it was purchased? Attach the bill of sale for all of us to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randal Serpa on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 12:02 am:

It was purchased in Atascadero CA, but the last known whereabouts was Fremont, CA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 11:21 pm:

You may be able to go to your motor vehicles department with the serial number and do a search if they have records that still exist.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration