Rescued a couple Ts this weekend !

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rescued a couple Ts this weekend !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 01:07 am:

My 17 year old son and I rescued a couple of model T chassis from a collapsed barn this weekend , one is a 1919 engine and the other is a 1920 , the 19 has a fiberglass tub on it and the 20 has a homemade truckish body , barn collapsed a while ago and we got ahold of the owners and made a deal in order to save them . We extracted them from the rubble and tore the rest of the barn down so they can clean up their property via controlled burn . Found a few engine parts etc in there as well as some tools , hard work never hurt anyone and the reward was a good couple days working hard with my boy , saving a couple model T s and having fun . My boy is already wrenching on the 1919 ( green fiberglass tub from the 60's ) and wants to make it run to play around the farm here in :-) hates the green glass and is already planning on painting it black " so it looks better " . Anyhow , thought I'd share.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 01:49 am:

GOOD JOB LIKE 111

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 02:54 am:

Awesome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 03:35 am:

I love saving model T parts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 05:52 am:

Great job and good times with your son, who could ask for anything more than that!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 07:56 am:

Travis,

Good Save! And you are starting them off right.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 08:58 am:

You could get big $$$ for these on eBay by playing up their COLLAPSED BARN FIND status!

Or get them running and safe but DO NOT fix damage or restore is one option if you decide to keep them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 02:45 pm:

Thanks , my son is super excited for a T of his own , I told him to take his pick :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 08:36 am:

Ok , had some time to check these out , 1919 , rear end is free but engine is stuck , pulled head to live up rings / Pistons , they are loose , think it has something to do with the starter . 1920 , engine is free but rear end won't turn unless it's jacked up , spring for reverse band missing ,at be stuck inside somewhere ?? Trying to make space in the shop to get them both inside , they seem to be multiplying ..lol !! Gave the 1919 to my 17 yr old , he's already eyeing up my spare wood bed to make a pick up .. Good times .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Be careful when you pull that starter on the '19 Travis. Be sure and remove the Bendix drive first and don't lose the tiny woodruff key fastening it to the armature shaft. You and your boy are doing God's work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 11:06 pm:

Finally got around to pulling the starter on the 1919. , the Bendix was stuck , didn't lose anything in removal , engine is free as a bird now , my son is saving up some money to buy a new wiring harness and rebuildi the starter , the 20 had an Atwater distributor on it . I shelved it and put an old timer she'll on it to keep the bugs out for now.
Thanks.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration