TT axle grease cup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: TT axle grease cup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 06:21 am:

I am looking to find out what size the threads are for the grease cups that go in a TT rear axle outer bearings. I am missing them would like to clear the threads out so I can get a pair to put in.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 10:55 am:

Hi, Chad. My TT is stored at another location so I can't take a look right now but I'm pretty sure they're 1/8" NPT (National Pipe Taper) thread. Hopefully someone will chime in here and confirm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 12:13 am:

I have mine off, well check tomorrow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 12:30 am:

Look like 1/8 pipe I have a pair of extra grease cups if you need a set

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 12:15 am:

Well I looked at mine, but don't know how to tell. Other than my thread gauge, it looked like 18 thread ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 12:57 am:

Chad got a good pair of cups heading his way thread guage says 18 and they screw into a fitting I had in my junk pile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 12:58 am:

Chad got a pair of cups heading his way

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration