T related contest

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: T related contest
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 09:02 am:

We built this box out of an old pallet - rough hard wood that didn't cut easily!.
It is currently grey but we will be staining it so the color will be closer to the body.

Can some one guess its the purpose and what's in it?

All the winners will awarded an opportunity to have one millions dollars deposited in their checking accounts by some really nice people that send me emails.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 09:18 am:

Looks like a great thing to keep your beer cool while driving to the picnic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 09:21 am:

battery box...

btw...its a little snug at the spare tire holder...I'd be happy to take the spare carrier off your hands, put it on my Hack...I'm sitting on a 27 frame and it has the battery cage in the frame :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 10:01 am:

How about a step stool to help get in the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 10:15 am:

Hi Fred,

I'm with George in thinking that the box is for the battery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 11:00 am:

Methinks it's to keep all his $$$$ in, on the way to the bank. Cleverly disguised as an old battery box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

Boy you guys are GOOD! :-)

The battery was behind the front seat with small wires to the coils for starting and LED stop lights, but when we decided to use a starter the wires needed to be larger.
This would have required drilling holes for the wires.
Drilling holes of any kind in the T is "Against My Religion" so we decided to put the battery on the running board.
(I know we could have put it under the floor but that would have made it hard to get to.)
There is an opening between the skirt and body for the wires and we used the tire carrier bolts to hold it in position..

My wife thought we should use an old picnic basket but we couldn't find a suitable one so we built the box out of wood from an old pallet.
My son wanted to stencil "Old Grand Dad" on the outside of the box, so Tom is close.

Ken is way off base because I spent all the money on other things. :-(

George -- I thought you would have made a tire holder by now --:-)
How about using an old motorcycle fender??

Herb I am beginning to need more than a step stool so we are looking for something closer to a crane to help me get into the car.

Bill harper -- You are "Always Right" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

You winners better be watching your checking account. A promise is a promise!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 02:29 pm:

"You can't lose what you don't have." (like my mind)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

Fred,

I carry a spare on my running board with something I cobbled up...works OK but I like the looks of yours better.

Motorcycle fender? Hmmm...let's see, when my son was 16 he took the '25 apart and then moved on to girls...the 25 is STILL apart. He is 38 now and just bought a Triumph 1000cc road machine 'bike' for a trip to Sturgis SD wildfest...so, fair being fair, I'm allowed to take the fender off of it now that he is home???? :-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 03:45 pm:

Fred,

I carry a spare on my running board with something I cobbled up...works OK but I like the looks of yours better.

Motorcycle fender? Hmmm...let's see, when my son was 16 he took the '25 apart and then moved on to girls...the 25 is STILL apart. He is 38 now and just bought a Triumph 1000cc road machine 'bike' for a trip to Sturgis SD wildfest...so, fair being fair, I'm allowed to take the fender off of it now that he is home???? :-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 12:47 am:

Bat box but to small for a beer cooler at least for those of us out west

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration